The NRF expects that online retail will grow 8-12%, up to three times higher than the growth rate of the wider industry. This suggests e-commerce sales are poised to fall between $427 billion and $443 billion, based on Census Bureau data.
Such a huge market is not it ? And to top the charts, grabbing customers to your website and sell products becomes more competitive as it grows. You have to be serious about customer acquisitions and product marketing even at minute level. The good news is that there are lot of tools for E-commerce Marketing which can grow your online store and the bad news is that you need to use a lot of tools to grow your online store. Lets check out few of the must use tools for E-commerce Marketing.
According to me in an initial phase for e-commerce marketing it’s usually best to focus on following Points :
- Customer acquisition channels
- Rank on your products and brands (SEO)
- Advertise on your products (SEM)
- Email marketing
- Optimizing Landing pages for better User experiences
1. Customer acquisition Channels
customer acquisition is the term for the process of bringing new customers to a particular brand, product. The best place to acquire customers from which you can drive a lot of customers are
- Facebook ads : FB is a very common channel for marketing e-commerce stores. The marketing tool it offers is quite advanced and enables you to target a specific group of people sharing particular interests.
- Google Adsense: Another essential tool to master by every online seller, which gives you the power to appear on the first page of Google results. Of course, this is not for free, so you will have to pay for each click, depending on the keyword’s popularity.
2. Rank on your products and brands
Spying & market intelligence tools
- Google Webmaster Tools for basic crawl errors and submitting your sitemap
- http://moz.com/ or http://raventools.com/ for keyword opportunities
- Google AdWords: Keyword Planner for traffic and competition research
- Google Merchant Center for Google Product listings (your ecommerce platform will usually help you there)
- Spyfu : Powerful adword spying, get clear insight into what works right now!
- Adspresso : Facebook ads spying tool
- Semrush : Competitive analysis tool.
3. Advertise on your products
>>> Social media and viral traffic
- Buzzsumo : Find viral content and track niche influencers.
- Hootsuite : Schedule and manage all your social media posting.
- Adroll : Retarget your audience based on various criteria.
- Perfect Audience : Awesome retargeting service.
- Facebook Pixels : Use Facebook retargeting pixel, especially on facebook.
4. Email marketing
>>> Autoresponder and market segmentation:
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email.
- Mailchimp : MailChimp is pretty great to get started. Top class mass mailing and autoresponder service. Get a basic email marketing tool. Don’t worry about automation until you get traffic.
- GetResponse : Another essential tool to master by every online seller, which gives you the power to appear on the first page of Google results. Of course, this is not for free, so you will have to pay for each click, depending on the keyword’s popularity.
- Mautic : Awesome open source hosted autoresponder service, with awesome market intelligence and segmenting capabilities.
- Sendgrid : Backbone of your autoresponder service (smtp platform)
>>> Smart Automation
- Zapier : Zapier is an American for-profit corporation and a web-based service that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use. It provides a cloud-based integration platform to help you connect your desired web apps and systems.apps based on triggers.
5. Optimizing Landing pages for better User experiences
>>> A/B Testing
A/B testing (sometimes called split testing) is comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better.
- VWO – Visual web optimiser
>>> Funnels/Landing pages
P.S: You can find various tools from different areas related to e-commerce like accounting, paid marketing, shipping, email marketing, site optimization, CRM, analytics etc. You can start searching for analytics tools that is going to fit your business from this huge resource.